There are several visa types are available in UAE, including the Golden Visa and Green Visa are relatively new type of visa introduced by the UAE government in 2019. The long-term residency visa that allows eligible individuals to live, work, and study in the UAE for up to 10 years. This visa primarily aims to attract investors, entrepreneurs, and highly-skilled professionals of the UAE.
What are the distinctions between the Golden and Green visas?
The Golden Visa and the Green Visas. Both visas provide outstanding long-term residency options. Long-term visas are granted to investors, entrepreneurs, start-up managers, extraordinary talents, scientists, experts in various fields, outstanding students and graduates, humanitarian pioneers, and frontline heroes. With the Golden and Green Visas, someone may sponsor themselves without a business (such as employment) because of the visa sponsor. Someone sponsored by their native country may obtain the Golden Visa to live in the UAE permanently after completing either a PhD or a Masters degree in any recognized university for 5 years.
What are the benefits of a golden visa include?
- Family members, including spouses, kids, and helpers, could also be sponsored without restriction. The Golden Residency will be used for an infinite amount of time outside the UAE with no restrictions.
- While the appliance for a residence visa is being processed, an e-visa with a six-month validity are given.
- Even after the death of the visa holder, the members of the family can stay in UAE until the top of the permit duration.
- There’s no need for a sponsor or employer.
Eligibility Criteria for Golden Visa
Golden visas are applicable to vast categories, by the last update the expanded category includes
1. Golden Visa for Investors:
- Public investment
- Real estate investment
2. Golden Visa for Entrepreneurs:
- Those who have an approved idea for a start-up
- Previous founders of a successful start-up that was sold inside or outside the UAE
- Owners of registered successful start-ups
Those who have an approved idea for a start-up
3. Golden Visa for Exceptional talents in the fields of:
- Culture and art
- Investors and innovators
- Digital technology
- Other vital fields
4. Golden Visa for Scientists and professionals
- Chief executives and senior officials
- Science professionals
- Engineering professionals
- Health professionals
- Education professionals
- Business and Administration professionals
- Information technology professionals
- Legal, social and cultural professionals
5. Golden Visa for Outstanding students and graduates
- Best performing students in secondary schools
- Best graduates from UAE universities
- Graduates of the best 100 universities worldwide
6. Golden Visa for Humanitarian pioneers
- Distinguished members of international and regional organizations
- Outstanding members of associations of public benefits
- Recipients of recognition awards in humanitarian fields
- Distinguished volunteers and sponsors of humanitarian efforts
7. Golden Visa for Frontline heroes
- Frontline workers who made extraordinary efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic
How to apply for a Golden Visa in UAE ?
If you fall under any of the categories listed above, you can apply for a Golden Visa in UAE through:
- An Amer Centre in Dubai. Amer center’s process visa applications on behalf of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai.
- A customer happiness Centre of the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) in other Emirates.
What are the benefits of a green visa?
- Being a green visa holder, you’ll have a five-year residency permit within the UAE.
- Self – Sponsorship is often enjoyed.
- You can sponsor first-degree relatives also.
- Another highlight of the green visa is that the six-month grace period after visa cancellation or expiry.
Initially, the UAE Cabinet in April 2022 declared that green visas are available in three categories as Freelancers, self-employed and skilled employees can apply for a Green visa. Freelancers and/or self-employed people who wish to apply for a Green visa need to submit: a freelance/self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation. proof of a bachelor’s degree or a specialized diploma.
1. Green Visa for freelancers
- The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization must issue the applicant with a freelance/self-employment permit (MOHRE).
- A degree or specialized diploma should be the minimum need for education.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they’ll be financially stable during their stay within the nation, or their self-employment income for the past two years cannot are but Dh360,000.
2. Green Visa for Professionals
- Candidates must have a legitimate job contract.
- In accordance with MOHRE, they ought to be categorized within the first, second, or third occupational level.
- A bachelor or its equivalent is the minimum requirement for education.
- A salary of a minimum of 15,000 dirhams is required.
3. Green Visa for partners and investors
- The holder of the Green Residency won’t need a sponsor in this category either.
How can we submit a Green Visa application?
Freelancers or self-employed individuals with proof of a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma and a freelance permit/self-employment permit from MoHRE are eligible for the Green Visa; however, evidence of annual income of at least AED 360,000 for the previous two years, or proven financial solvency throughout the individual’s stay in the country, is required.
For skilled employees, a valid employment contract, classification in the first, second or third occupational level as per MoHRE, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum salary of AED15,000. For investors or partners, approval of the investment and proof of investment is required as approval of the competent local authorities.
Professionals of RVG Chartered Accountants will guide for getting long term visas in UAE. Get in touch with our with consultants for your long term visa in UAE.